[KCON 2017 USA] #BringYourKrowd Contest Official Rules
KCON 2017 USA
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
FOR MINORS 13 AND OLDER: BEFORE ENTERING, YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN
MUST CONSENT TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST
(SEE AVAILABLE CONSENT FORM)
PLEASE READ THESE KCON 2017 “#BRINGYOURKROWD CONTEST” OFFICIAL RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”) CAREFULLY. IN CONSIDERATION OF CJ E&M AMERICA, INC. PERMITTING YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST, WHICH YOU ACKNOWLEDGE IS GOOD, VALUABLE, AND SUFFICIENT CONSIDERATION, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT THAT INCLUDES LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- ELIGIBILITY & SPONSOR: The KCON 2017 #BringYourKrowd Contest (“Contest”), sponsored by CJ E&M America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States, and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Arizona) (“Eligibility Area”) who comply with these Official Rules in all respects. Participation in the Contest is limited to individuals eighteen (18) years of age or older (as of the date the individual commences participation in the Contest) and minors thirteen (13) years or older (a “Minor”) with parental consent documented in a completed KCON 2017 #BringYourKrowd Contest Parental/Guardian Consent Form (“Consent Form”). Minors who do not obtain a valid, completed Consent Form are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or Sponsor’s parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the immediate family members of such individuals (spouse, parents, siblings, children, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, and grandchildren, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same households (whether legally related or not) of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is void outside the Eligibility Area and wherever prohibited by law.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: Participating individuals who meet the eligibility requirements and agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Entrant(s)” or “you”) have an opportunity to win a Prize (as defined in Paragraph 6) by bringing the largest “Krowd” possible at KCON 2017 LA (the “LA Event”). There will be one (1) winner at the LA Event (the “LA Winner”).
To enter the Contest, Entrants must follow the instructions as detailed in Paragraph 4. Please refer to Paragraph 3 for more detailed information regarding the entry period for the Contest. All entries and confirmation number submissions must be received during the entry periods.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that in order to win a Contest, it is required to attend the corresponding Event. As between Sponsor and the Winners, it will be Winners’ sole responsibilities to make all arrangements (e.g., transportation and lodging) in order to attend the Event of each corresponding Contest. Sponsor will not be responsible for providing any means of transportation or lodging for the Winners or any member of their “Krowd.” If a potential Winner is unable to attend the corresponding Event, he/she will be deemed ineligible to win the Contest, and an alternate Entrant may be selected as an alternative winner.
- Contest Timing:
- i) Entry Period:
- LA Event: 10:00 a.m. PT on July 21, 2017 – 11:59 p.m. PT on August 4, 2017;
- ii) Verification Period:
- LA Event: August 4, 2017 – August 18, 2017 (group registration time TBA) ;
- Winner Announcements: The LA Winner will be determined and announced by no later than the first day of the LA Event, August 18, 2017. KCON shall post the names of the Winners on KCON’s official website (http://www.kconusa.com/). Please see Paragraph 7 for further details.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the LA Contest, please do the following:
- Once registration for the Events is open, register for the KCON 2017 convention and obtain your confirmation number.
- If Entrant is a Minor aged 13 years or older, send Sponsor the completed Consent Form, which can be downloaded at:
- Entrant’s parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the Consent Form and either e-mail to Sponsor at Effie@kconusa.com or mail the Consent Form to Sponsor’s physical address at: CJ E&M America, Inc., 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550, Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- The Consent Form must be received by Sponsor in order for the Minor’s entry to be valid.
- Go to KCON’s official website (http://www.kconusa.com/) and register for the Contest.
- Begin gathering your “Krowd”!
- Note: An Entrant cannot be a member of another Entrant’s “Krowd.” One confirmation number is only good for one entry into the Contest or for one member of Entrant’s “Krowd.” Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who appears as a member of a “Krowd” or submits multiple entries using various e-mail addresses.
- Obtain screenshots of their confirmation numbers and submit the screenshot along with your “Krowd” member’s full name (first and last) to Sponsor at Effie@kconusa.com.
- If any member of your “Krowd” member is a Minor aged 13 years or older, send Sponsor a fully-executed Consent Form for each Minor “Krowd” member.
- The Consent Form must be received by Sponsor in order for this member to be considered as part of your “Krowd.”
- You may submit as many confirmation numbers and names as possible during the entry periods (as noted in Paragraph 3(a)(i)).
- You must bring all of your “Krowd” members to KCON 2017 and verify their identities with Sponsor’s staff with a valid ID.
- After your “Krowd” has been verified, you must be able to correctly answer a question regarding KCON 2017 artists to win the Contest.
Note: Please refer to Paragraph 8 for information regarding Disqualification. Use of any automated system to participate or generate entries (or otherwise assist in participation) is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. The submission of multiple entries or confirmation numbers for or from the same individual will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) of the e-mail address from which the entry was sent. A Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry and that all eligibility requirements are met. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by the Internet access provider, online service provider, interactive computer service, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No entries from automatically generated accounts or e-mail addresses shall be accepted.
- JUDGING/WINNER SELECTION: After the entry period has ended, Sponsor will collect and tally the size of each Entrant’s “Krowd.” Sponsor will verify that the Entrant and the Entrant’s “Krowd” members are legitimate entries (i.e., not duplicative entries, no same individual appearing in several “Krowds”, etc.). The Entrant with the largest, verifiable “Krowd” shall be selected as the potential Winner. Sponsor staff will notify the potential Winner via e-mail. The Entrant must bring all “Krowd” members to KCON 2017 and verify their identities with Sponsor’s staff. Should the potential Winner fail to bring their entire “Krowd,” an alternate Entrant may be contacted to claim the Prize. The Entrant must be able to answer a question regarding KCON 2017 artists in order to be awarded the Prize. All decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
All Winners (or Winner’s parent or legal guardian if Winner is a Minor) shall be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver (and a completed IRS W-9 form), except where prohibited upon issuance of the Prize at KCON 2017. All documents required as set forth above may be referred to herein as “Required Documents.” The Required Documents may request information of each Winner, including full name, home phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, and parent/legal guardian’s name and e-mail address, if applicable. If the Entrant is a Minor, and a Consent Form has not yet been received, the parent/legal guardian(s) of the Entrant must indicate his/her consent to his/her Minor’s entry and participation in the Contest. A Minor Entrant without a valid Consent Form is not eligible to be a Winner. A potential Winner’s failure to respond to the notification, failure to return all Required Documents, or failure to be in compliance with these Official Rules in any way may result in the potential Winner being disqualified, and an alternate Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Official Rules, if at any time during the Judging Period, or at any time thereafter, the Sponsor determines that not enough or no eligible Entrants exist from which to determine the Winners, then Sponsor may in its sole and exclusive discretion determine that not enough or no eligible Entrants exist and may either suspend or terminate the Contest or modify it (or any parts thereof) in any equitable manner that Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole and exclusive discretion, including, without limitation, by not awarding any one or more of the prizes set forth in these Official Rules.
- PRIZES: One (1) LA Winner will receive one (1) Hi-Touch Fan Engagement Pass for an artist of their choice (subject to availability) at KCON LA (Approximate Retail Value: $100 per pass) (the “Prize(s)”).
The Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitutions by Winners will be allowed. The Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged. Any additional Prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By accepting a Prize, the Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. Awarding of a Prize is subject to the verification of eligibility, the Winner’s acceptance of all requisite conditions set forth in these Official Rules and submission of the Required Documents detailed in Paragraph 5. If necessary, due to the unavailability of a Prize for any reason, a different prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any Prize notification is returned as undeliverable for any reason, or if the Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may decide, in its discretion, to award such applicable prize to an alternate eligible Entrant or, if time does not permit (in Sponsor’s opinion), to not award such Prize. All Federal, state and local tax liabilities and fees associated with prize receipt are the responsibility of the Winners.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION; PRIZE CLAIM: The potential NY Winner will be determined and notified on Thursday, June 22, 2017. After verification, the NY Winner will be announced on Friday, June 23, 2017 at KCON 2017 New York. After notification of winning, the Winners will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver. Awarding of a Prize is subject to the Winner’s acceptance of, and compliance with, these Official Rules. If requested by Sponsor, Entrants must show photo identification for Sponsor to verify that the eligibility requirements are met. If any Prize notification is returned for any reason, or if Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may decide, in its discretion, to award such applicable Prize to an alternate eligible Entrant or, if time does not permit (in Sponsor’s opinion), to not award such Prize.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor may disqualify an Entrant (and cause any Prize that has been awarded, if any, to be forfeited) due to any of the following: (a) the Entrant fails to comply with any of the terms, conditions, restrictions, or limitations of these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (b) the Entrant fails to respond to the winner notification or any other notice within twenty-four (24) hours after its transmission; (c) the Entrant fails to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver after its receipt; (d) the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential Winner or the return of any Winner notification or notice as undeliverable; (e) Sponsor’s discovery of duplicative or fraudulent entries from the same individual in violation of these Official Rules; or (f) an Entrant’s failure to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Contest-related or Prize-related activity, including, without limitation, if the Entrant (i) is uncooperative or disruptive; (ii) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; or (iii) attempts or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or any other Entrant.
Further, if for any reason this Contest or part thereof is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any website, page or e-mail address associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper fair play of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants (or others), fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor may choose, but is not obligated, to conduct a judging to award the prizes from among all eligible, legitimate Entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at http://www.kconusa.com/. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, PAGE OR E-MAIL ADDRESS (INCLUDING THE WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor and any of its parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, and each of their respective directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies shall not be responsible for any distorted or damaged entries, any communications-related malfunctions regarding or relating to the Contest, and disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages regarding or relating to the Contest caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor. In addition, Sponsor is not liable to a Winner or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor’s sole control. Prizes are awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Contest.
- GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The laws of the State of California apply to and govern the Contest, as well as any disputes or claims arising from or in connection with the Contest. The parties agree that any and all disputes or controversies of any nature between them arising at any time shall be determined by confidential, final and binding arbitration, in accordance with the arbitration rules of JAMS to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single neutral arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by JAMS, with JAMS rules applied to break any deadlock in selecting an arbitrator.
- PUBLICITY AUTHORIZATION: By participating in the Contest, Entrant hereby authorizes and grants the right to Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its and their employees, officers, and directors, and those acting pursuant to their authority, (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) the right to print, publish, broadcast, depict, reproduce, and use the Entrant’s name, portrait, picture, likeness, voice, statements attributable to him/her, city and state of residence, and other biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that this authorization is intended to satisfy all consent requirements of California Civil Code Sections 3344 and 3344.1, and Entrant hereby waives and releases any and all claims that Entrant may have or hereafter have against the Promotion Parties under such statutes or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; RELEASE; INDEMNIFICATION: ENTRANTS WAIVE THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, AGAINST THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESULTING FROM, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE ACTIVITY. Entrants hereby agree to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Promotion Parties from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney fees and expenses), costs and liabilities of any nature whatsoever that arise or result from Entrants’ action, inaction, negligence, or other fault in connection with participating in the Contest. Without limiting the foregoing, by participating in and entering the Contest, (a) Entrants agree that the Promotion Parties shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Contest or parts thereof or acceptance of, use of or inability to use a Prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, and (b) Winners hereby release the Promotion Parties from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the Prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
- WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542: Entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” Being aware of such statutory right, by participating in the Contest, Entrants expressly waive any rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 as well as any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
- GENERAL: Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provisions were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control, and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- WINNERS LISTS: Please visit KCON’s official website (http://www.kconusa.com/) for the official list of Winners and a copy of these Official Rules. The Winner’s List for KCON 2017 LA will be published after August 18, 2017.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The Contest and all accompanying materials are a copyright of CJ E&M America, Inc.
Sponsor: CJ E&M America, Inc.