How To Become A KCON:TACT Member Explained
Since all the information has been coming out for KCON:TACT across a bunch of social channels–from KCONUSA to KCON Japan–and at all hours of the day and night, we wanted to take this moment to briefly go through membership, talk to you about the new KCON:TACT FAQ, and answer some questions we’ve received since the FAQ was posted. If you don’t see your question here, please note there are some that will show up with answers on the FAQ in the next day or two.
WHAT DOES KCON:TACT MEMBERSHIP MEAN?
To get started, since this is our first global, virtual event the means to access are very different than what we do for an onsite KCON.
As many of you know, KCON’s concerts are broadcast in Korea as episodes of MNET’s “M COUNTDOWN.” So, for this virtual event, KCON:TACT will be broadcast via Mnet K-Pop’s YouTube channel.
All access to KCON:TACT will be via membership on the Mnet K-Pop YouTube channel (unless you live in one of the countries noted below). This is very important to keep in mind because even if there were some less than above board feed on a dubious site, you will not be able to access any of the interactive elements that make this event KCON–like actually participating in Meet & Greets. Your membership is your KCON experience.
One last note: If you go to the actual Mnet K-Pop page to join and become a member, the first thing you’re going to see is actually not a KCON:TACT membership but a “BEGINNER” membership to Mnet K-Pop YouTube. It’s awesome to have and there are really great emojis, but to access KCON:TACT you will need to purchase the $19.99 “KCON:TACT membership” on the Mnet K-Pop channel. Since it’s kind of a mouth full, we’ll be referring to it as a “KCON:TACT membership” from here on out.
WHO IS COMING TO KCON:TACT?
We’ll list up the 33-strong artist group lineup below. Stay tuned for influencer announcements.
KCON:TACT 2020 SUMMER Lineup: A.C.E, AB6IX, ASTRO, ATEEZ, BVNDIT, CHUNG HA, CRAVITY, EVERGLOW, GFRIEND, (G)I-DLE, GOLDEN CHILD, ITZY, IZ*ONE, JO1, KANG DANIEL, KIM JAEHWAN, LOONA, MONSTA X, MAMAMOO, N.Flying, NATTY, NATURE, OH MY GIRL, ONEUS, ONF, PENTAGON, SF9, Stray Kids, THE BOYZ, TOMORROW X TOGETHER, TOO, VERIVERY, VICTON.
WHAT COMES WITH MY KCON:TACT MEMBERSHIP?
We know that there’s been both a lot of information released alongside few details. There will be much more information released very soon (probably even directly after this article is published), but as of this exact moment, here’s what makes your KCON:TACT membership worthwhile:
7 Days of Live Concerts & Meet & Greets
All members have access to all concerts and all meet and greet programming unless otherwise noted. One hour will be dedicated to each artist group and 4-5 artists will take the stage each day–so it’s basically like a massive live KCON concert stretched over 30 hours and seven days. This program block will air each day at 6 AM PDT // 9 AM EDT. We will release the daily lineup soon.
Fan + Idol Virtual Interaction
We know that for many of you KCON is the main place where you can actually meet your favorite idols–KCON:TACT will continue in that tradition. Through programs like Meet & Greet, you will be able to take part in live video chats and polls with artists. We’ll be releasing even more information on that over the next few days, so stick with us.
KCON:TACT Original Series
The currently announced programs include “Real Idol 24-hour” and “Backstage Behind.” “Real Idol 24-hour” follows a day in the life of idol groups, while “Backstage Behind” follows the happenings as the artists get ready to go on stage. There are 32 groups with over 200 artists participating in KCON and many of them are KCON first-timers so this is a chance to get to know artists you love and those you don’t love yet.
Any programs released as VOD–200 fancams, concert and M&G replays, original series–will only be released to members.
*Note: Production will take place in Mnet’s studio in Seoul and a portion of all proceeds will go to UNESCO’s Learning Never Stops campaign to help children impacted by COVID-19 around the world to continue their education.
HOW DO I BECOME A KCON:TACT MEMBER?
Here is a quick tutorial:
Here are the steps:
- Go to www.youtube.com/mnet/join.
- Select KCON:TACT on the left menu.
- Click “JOIN.”
- Complete your purchase.
- Enjoy ALL of KCON:TACT’s premium content for the entire month!
There are some exceptions if you live in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, and Taiwan. You will be able to watch the show on AIS PLAY and/or Shopee. Follow the below links.
Thailand: aisplay.ais.co.th / Singapore: shp.ee/ckw5z7d / Malaysia: shp.ee/assr6f2 / Taiwan: shp.ee/cnybxz8 Indonesia: shp.ee/b2nzvgr / Vietnam: shp.ee/bxfaz3t /Philippines: shp.ee/c8ymcr9
THE FAQ & YOU
We have updated the official KCON:TACT FAQ, but we’ve also received a few questions from you that haven’t been covered there yet. We’ll handle some of your questions below while other will appear in the FAQ over the next couple of days.
- Will every artist do both Meet & Greet and Concerts? We will release the daily lineup very soon. However, if you’re curious whether your artist will be doing both programs please consult their announcement graphic.
- Will there be a detailed schedule or timetable of performances released per artist? We will release a complete schedule for KCON:TACT so you can plan your days around watching your favorite artists. We even have a tab for the schedule right here on kconusa.com. For a rough schedule, please refer to this post.
- Will the virtual Meet & Greet be 1:1? The Meet & Greets are part of the Concert + Meet & Greet program block that begins at 9 AM EDT. These are open to all KCON:TACT members and are a good chance for idols to chat with their fans from all over the world. We will release more information about exactly how the fan+ idol virtual chatting and interaction will happen very soon.
- Early Bird? ‘Tis indeed a question unto itself. Please know that we have received your questions and we will be releasing answers very soon. For now, here’s what we can tell you: Early Bird gives you the chance to become one of the very few people who will participate in exclusive group video calls with the artists by getting a membership before June 10. Stay tuned for more information.
For any other questions, please check out our FAQ!