KCON 2017 USA CODE OF CONDUCT
Welcome to KCON! As organizers, we at CJ E&M America, Inc. and our affiliates (together, “CJ” or “KCON”) strive to provide an enjoyable and safe environment for everyone. In order to ensure a safe and truly unforgettable KCON experience for everyone, we require you to observe the following rules while attending any part of the KCON Convention (the “Convention”) and the M COUNTDOWN Concerts (the “Concert”), collectively known as the “Event.”
- You must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. KCON reserves the right to revoke, without refund, your Artist Engagement passes if you do not comply with this policy.
- KCON is committed to ensuring that each attendee is in a safe environment that is free of any type of bullying. This includes, but is not limited to, harassment via computer, telephone, cell phone, or text messaging device. Any verbal, textual, or graphic communications that would cause fear of physical harm, intimidation, humiliation, or embarrassment to another person. Any threatening communication sent electronically to another person and any explicit pictures intended to harm another person will not be tolerated.
- ARTIST ENGAGEMENT PASSES HAVE NO VALUE, ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE, AND CANNOT BE SOLD, REDEEMED OR EXCHANGED FOR CASH. LOST OR STOLEN PASSES WILL NOT BE REPLACED.
- KCON strongly recommends that you do not attempt to purchase Artist Engagement passes from third parties. If you are exchanging Artist Engagement passes with another attendee, please verify authenticity. If you are found to be in possession of a counterfeit pass, KCON reserves the right to remove you from the Artist Engagement session regardless of the circumstances.
- Attendees shall follow guidelines and instructions given by Event staff.
- By participating in the Event you agree to be bound by the full terms and conditions of the KCON 2017 USA Rules and Waivers, available for your review at: http://www.kconusa.com/rules-and-waivers/
PROGRAMMING AREA POLICIES
- Entry to and participation in Convention programs are generally open on a first-come, first-served basis, unless the program is a controlled access event. For any Artist Engagement session, you will be allowed in the area only if you have the appropriate Artist Engagement pass.
- All attendees must completely leave their respective panel, workshop, or activity areas at the conclusion of each program to allow space for the next group of attendees.
- You will not be permitted to stand on chairs, ladders, step-stools or any other type of elevated materials which may result in any other audience members’ view being obstructed and/or risk your personal safety.
- Items which could obstruct any audience members’ view and/or risk your personal safety or the safety of others, including but not limited to tablets, balloons, signage, and posters, may and will be confiscated by KCON staff or security. You may retrieve your items upon the conclusion of the program. KCON shall not be responsible for the safe keeping of any confiscated items.
- To ensure the safety of all Convention featured guests, you will not be permitted to crowd the stage at any time.
- As a courtesy to all Convention featured guests, enter and exit quietly while the programs are in session.
PHOTO AND VIDEO POLICIES
- You are permitted to use hand-held cameras (except cameras with interchangeable or telephoto lenses [e.g., Canon EOS series, Nikon D-series, Sony Alpha-series, etc.]) and/or smart phones to take photographs, capture digital images, and record video at the Convention (except video recording is strictly prohibited while participating in an Artist Engagement Hi-Touch) for personal, noncommercial use, provided the photography or recording is not disruptive. Photographs and recordings may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
- Specific rules may separately apply to specific programming. For example, cameras with interchangeable or telephoto lenses (e.g., Canon EOS series, Nikon D-series, Sony Alpha-series, etc.) are prohibited from Artist Engagement sessions, and video recording in any manner is strictly prohibited while you are participating in an Artist Engagement Hi-Touch. Please abide by all posted rules at the Event and all instructions from KCON staff.
- Video and/or audio recording of the Concerts is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Cameras with interchangeable or telephoto lenses (e.g., Canon EOS series, Nikon D-series, Sony Alpha-series, etc.) are not allowed at the Concerts. KCON reserves the right to ask any attendees found to be filming the Concerts to leave without being issued a refund.
- For KCON-registered Press, the press pass will NOT allow you to live webcast audio or video, broadcast or otherwise transmit, retransmit or copy in any form any KCON programming for longer than forty-five (45) seconds. Additionally, the press pass does not grant you access to restricted areas, including, but not limited to, the front of the stage or backstage/offstage of Artist Engagement sessions. Only official KCON-designated press may enter these restricted areas while accompanied by KCON staff.
- By attending the KCON Events, you consent to having your image captured by official Event photographers and videographers. The resulting materials, including still photographs, video and audio recordings may be used by KCON, without restriction, in news materials, promotional materials, on the KCON web site and other properties.
If you are behaving in an inappropriate fashion or engaging in dangerous activities, members of the KCON staff and/or security have the right to ask you to leave the Event premises, without refund. Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to:
- Possession of any item that is generally considered as or intended to be used as a weapon.
- Possession of any illegal substances.
- Possession of any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol.
- Smoking, other than in designated areas.
- Lewd or offensive behavior, including but not limited to offensive language, obscene gestures, or slurs.
- Threats of any kind or the use of physical force against any person.
- Violating any federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
- Violating any KCON or venue policies.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
KCON adopts a Zero Tolerance Policy with regard to actions or behaviors that threaten the safety of the KCON community and its participants including, but not limited to, actual or threatened acts of violence; physical, emotional or sexual abuse or bullying; and other inappropriate or potentially harmful actions or behaviors. This policy applies to all KCON events and activities (including online or social media activities), as well as to all individuals involved with or participating in KCON events and activities (including employees, volunteers, panelists, performers, guests, participants, exhibitors, vendors, and press).
KCON reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, any KCON event or activity at any time in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly matter, engaging in inappropriate or dangerous activities, or failing to comply with this Zero Tolerance Policy.
All participants of KCON events and activities (including online or social media activities) must abide by the following policy:
- Treat everyone with respect. KCON is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. Treat everyone with respect and participate while acknowledging that everyone has the right to enjoy the experience without fear of harassment or discrimination.
- Harassment is not tolerated. Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category; sexual imagery in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; offensive, hostile, obscene, or lewd language or behavior; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Speak up if you see or hear something. Harassment is not tolerated, and you are empowered to politely engage when you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing, and politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged. KCON takes violations of this Zero Tolerance Policy seriously and will respond appropriately, including warning, refusing to admit, prohibiting the participation of, or expelling the offender from the event or activity with no refund. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the KCON staff immediately.
Our Event staff can usually be identified by special badges/attire. Our Zero Tolerance Policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our KCON policies, including this Zero Tolerance Policy, and respond appropriately. Please note, while we take all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion as to determining when and how to follow up on reported incidents, and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution.
WAIVER AND LIMITATION LIABILITY
You understand that attending and participating in the Event is voluntary and may involve risks, including physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses, and by entering or participating in the Event, you assume all such risks and waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever resulting from, arising from, or in connection with your participation. By entering the Event, you understand and agree to be bound by the full waiver and limitation of liability available at www.kconusa.com/rules-and-waivers including the waiver and the release of any liability and privacy and publicity rights included therein. A copy of the full waiver and limitation of liability should also have been sent along with your Convention registration.