KCON 2017 LOS ANGELES
RULES AND WAIVERS
Welcome to KCON! As organizers, we at CJ E&M America, Inc. and our affiliates (together, “CJ” or “KCON”) strive to provide an enjoyable and safe environment for everyone. In order to ensure a safe and truly unforgettable KCON experience for everyone, we require you to observe the following rules while attending any part of the KCON Convention (the “Convention”) and the M COUNTDOWN Concerts (the “Concert” and together with the Convention, the “Event”). The rules below apply to all KCON 2017 Events.
KCON 2017 LA (AUGUST 18 – AUGUST 20, 2017) CONVENTION CHECK-IN POLICIES
- Admission to the Convention is available to the following persons only:
- Convention ticket holders, and
- Official Event badge holders.
- Some Convention programs, including Artist Engagement sessions and KLUB KCON, may require separate passes for entry.
- Check-in Schedule
- Early Event Check-in will take place on August 17th (1 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Regular Event Check-in will take place on August 18th-20th (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Check-in areas will be located at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- There will be separate check-in areas/lines for Diamond/Platinum, P1, P2, and all other ticketholders.
- Event badge holders (including guest or press pass holders) will be checked-in at a separate area.
- Entry into the Convention will begin at 12 p.m. on Friday, August 18th, and 10 a.m. on Saturday, August 19th and Sunday, August 20th.
- The Convention area will remain open until 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- At check-in, the QR Code on your Convention ticket will be scanned to authenticate your right to enter the Convention, and your Concert ticket will be scanned to authenticate and provide you with the various benefits associated with your ticket tier.
- Beware of fraud or unauthorized copies since each ticket contains a unique barcode which invalidates any subsequent copies of said ticket when scanned.
- Do NOT share pictures of your tickets, as those barcodes may be used to create counterfeit tickets and may prevent your entry to the Event.
- CJ is not responsible or liable for your purchase of counterfeit or fraudulent tickets and CJ advises you to buy tickets only from official sources including the Box Office, Ticketmaster and authorized resellers.
- At check-in, you will receive an RFID wristband to access the Convention, which is good for entry to one (1) or three (3) days of the Convention. Wristbands are non-transferrable and must be kept on during the entirety of the Event. Wristbands must be worn at all times while on Convention grounds. Wristbands that are tampered with or removed shall be void and unusable.
- CJ reserves the right to deny admission to anyone with a wristband that has been cut, re-tied, or otherwise tampered with.
- Replacements wristbands can be purchased for an additional $25 charge, regardless of the type of Convention wristband you are intending to replace.
KCON CONCERT ENTRY PROTOCOL
- Admission to the Concert requires you to present the original Concert ticket at entry.
- Completing check-in for the Convention does NOT grant you admission into the Concert.
- Scanning the Convention ticket for entry into the Convention will NOT invalidate the ticket barcode for entry into the Concert.
- You will be allowed to begin forming lines for entry into the Concert only after 5 p.m. each afternoon.
KCON PROGRAMMING AREA POLICIES
- Entry to and participation in Convention programs are generally open on a first-come, first-served basis, unless the program is a controlled access event. For any Artist Engagement session, you will be allowed in the area only if you have the appropriate Artist Engagement Pass.
- All Convention program attendees must comply with these KCON 2017 Los Angeles Rules and Waivers.
- All Convention program attendees must completely leave their respective panel, workshop, or activity area at the conclusion of each programmed event to allow room for the next group of attendees.
- You will not be permitted to stand on chairs, ladders, step stools, or any other type of elevated materials which may result in any other audience members’ view being obstructed and/or risk your personal safety.
- Items such as, but not limited to, tablets, balloons, posters, or any other item which may result in any other audience members’ view being obstructed and/or risk your personal safety or the safety of others, may be confiscated by KCON staff or security to be returned to you at the termination of the program.
- To ensure the safety of all Convention featured guests, you will not be permitted to crowd the stage at any time.
- As a courtesy to all Convention featured guests, enter and exit quietly while the programs are in session.
KCON ARTIST ENGAGEMENT SESSION POLICIES
- There are four (4) possible types of Artist Engagements and not every Concert artist or Convention featured guest will be available to participate in each of the activities.
- Artist Engagement Hi-Touch
- Artist Engagement Audience
- Red Carpet
- Backstage Meet & Greet (Diamond ticketholders only)
- All Artist Engagement attendees must comply with the Artist Engagement Session General Rules below.
- Failure to comply with the Artist Engagement Session General Rules or the KCON 2017 Code of Conduct may result in your removal of the Artist Engagement without refund.
- An Artist Engagement pass is the only means of entry into these events and denotes which artist and what type of Artist Engagement the pass holder is eligible for.
- Artist Engagement passes will be distributed at Convention check-in on a random basis.
- The type of Artist Engagement pass for which you are eligible is determined by the benefits of your Concert ticket.
- You will only be admitted to the Artist Engagement session that is indicated on your card.
- Limit of one (1) Artist Engagement Hi-Touch per artist per person. You cannot have more than one Hi-Touch with the same artist.
- Media pass holders will not be allowed into Artist Engagement sessions, unless authorized by KCON staff.
- Artist Engagement Session Entry Protocol:
- Line-ups will start thirty (30) minutes before the start of each scheduled session with separate sections for Artist Engagement Hi-Touch and Audience pass holders.
- Have the Artist Engagement pass ready to show KCON staff & security and be ready to surrender it upon entry into the Artist Engagement area.
- Artist Engagement Hi-Touch and Audience pass holders must remain in their respective areas throughout the session.
- Artist Engagement Session General Rules:
- The artist and Artist Engagement activity you can access is determined solely by your valid Artist Engagement pass. There are no substitutions.
- Artist Engagement passes have no cash value, are non-negotiable, and cannot be sold, redeemed, or exchanged for cash. The loss of an Artist Engagement pass does not warrant its replacement, nor does CJ have any responsibility to refund or replace it.
- No cutting in line.
- No hugs with the artist.
- No video recording while participating in an Artist Engagement Hi-Touch.
- No loitering after the Artist Engagement session.
- You must follow all posted rules and guidelines as well as any instructions given by KCON staff.
- CJ reserves the right to remove any attendees ignoring posted rules, KCON guidelines, or any instructions given by KCON staff.
- You must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Threatening, harassing or otherwise offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
- CJ reserves the right to revoke, without refund, your Artist Engagement pass and Convention wristband if you do not comply with this policy.
- Artist Engagement session schedules are subject to change or cancellation at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. Notifications about changes will be posted via the official KCON mobile app. CJ cannot be held liable for any delayed information about schedule changes including, but not limited to, errors within the app, lack of signal in regards to SMS messaging, etc. In the case of an outright cancellation, CJ may make efforts to provide relief, but is not responsible for and does not guarantee an alternate opportunity or any other remedies.
- CJ is not responsible or liable for your purchase of counterfeit or fraudulent Artist Engagement passes. CJ strongly advises you not to purchase Artist Engagement passes from third parties without first verifying authenticity. If you are found to be in possession of a counterfeit pass, you may be asked to leave the Artist Engagement session regardless of the amount of money you sent to acquire such passes.
PROHIBITED ACTIONS AT KCON
If you engage in any of the following prohibited actions, KCON staff and/or security have the right to remove you from the Event premises, without refund.
Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to:
- Non-compliance with requests or instructions from KCON staff, security, venue staff, or other authorities;
- Possession of any item that is generally considered as or intended to be used as a weapon;
- Possession of any illegal substances;
- Possession of any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol;
- Smoking, other than in designated areas;
- Lewd or offensive behavior, including but not limited to offensive language, obscene gestures, slurs, sexual harassment, etc.;
- Bullying, intimidation, or other threatening activity of any kind;
- Use of physical force against any person;
- Violating any federal, state, or local law or ordinance, including, but not limited to, intellectual property (e.g., infringing the copyrights and trademarks of any other party, including those of CJ/KCON, Los Angeles Convention Center, Staples Center, and any of their respective sponsors and advertisers);
- Violating any KCON or venue policies (including without limitation these Rules and Waivers).
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
CJ adopts a Zero Tolerance Policy with regard to non-compliance with KCON staff requests or instructions, and actions or behaviors that threaten the safety of the KCON community and its participants including, but not limited to: actual or threatened acts of violence; physical, emotional or sexual abuse; bullying or intimidation; possession of any items that is generally considered as or intended to be used as a weapon; possession of any illegal substances or alcoholic beverages; and other inappropriate or potentially harmful actions or behaviors. This Zero Tolerance Policy applies to all KCON Events and activities (including online or social media activities), as well as to all individuals involved with or participating in KCON Events and activities therein (including employees, volunteers, panelists, performers, guests, participants, exhibitors, vendors, and press).
CJ reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, the Convention, Concert or any KCON activity at any time in its sole discretion, without refund. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees, panelists, exhibitors, and vendors behaving in a disorderly manner, refusing to comply with KCON staff requests or instructions, engaging in inappropriate or dangerous activities, or otherwise failing to comply with KCON rules and policies, including this Zero Tolerance Policy.
All participants of the Event and activities (including online or social media activities) must abide by the following policy:
- Treat everyone with respect. CJ is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. Treat everyone with respect and participate while acknowledging that everyone has the right to enjoy the experience without fear of harassment or discrimination.
- Harassment is not tolerated. Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category; sexual imagery in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; offensive, hostile, obscene, or lewd language or behavior; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Speak up if you see or hear something. Harassment is not tolerated, and you are empowered to politely engage when you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing, and politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged. CJ takes violations of this Zero Tolerance Policy seriously and will respond appropriately, including warning, refusing to admit, prohibiting the participation of, or expelling the offender from the Event or activity with no refund. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the KCON staff immediately. KCON staff can usually be identified by special badges/attire.
Our Zero Tolerance Policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our policies, including this Zero Tolerance Policy, and respond appropriately. Please note, while we take all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion as to determining when and how to follow up on reported incidents, and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources or authorities for resolution.
KCON PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY POLICIES
Taking photographs, capturing digital images, and recording video by attendees using hand-held, point-and-shoot cameras and/or smart phones are generally allowed in the common areas of the Convention for personal, non-commercial use, provided the photography is not disruptive. Photographs and recordings may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever. Individuals shall identify all images, sound bites, and clips of the Convention as KCON events.
Specific rules regarding photography, audio, and video may apply to specific programs and will be enforced by KCON staff. Please abide by all rules at the Event and all instructions from KCON staff. For example:
- Cameras with interchangeable or telephoto zoom lenses (e.g., Canon EOS series, Nikon D-series, Sony Alpha-series, etc.) are strictly prohibited from Artist Engagement sessions. Please only use hand-held, point-and-shoot cameras or smart phones during Artist Engagement sessions.
- Video recording in any manner is strictly prohibited while you are participating in an Artist Engagement Hi-Touch.
- Video and/or audio recording of the Concerts in any manner is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Cameras with interchangeable or telephoto zoom lenses (e.g., Canon EOS series, Nikon D-series, Sony Alpha-series, etc.) are strictly prohibited at the Concerts. Please be sure to store these cameras in a safe location before attempting to line-up for or enter the Concert venue.
- CJ reserves the right to remove any individuals found to be filming the Concerts, or to be in possession of a prohibited camera at the Concerts, without being issued a refund.
For KCON-registered Press, the press pass does NOT permit or grant the right to live webcast audio or video, broadcast, or otherwise transmit, retransmit or copy in any form any KCON programming for longer than forty-five (45) seconds. Additionally, the press pass does not grant you access to restricted areas, including, but not limited to, the front of the stage or backstage/offstage of Artist Engagement sessions. Only official KCON-designated press may enter these restricted areas while accompanied by KCON staff.
Photographs and video footage of the Event will be gathered by official Event photographers and videographers. By attending the Event, you consent to be filmed or photographed and authorize and grant the right to CJ to print, publish, broadcast, depict, reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, exploit, exhibit, distribute, transmit, and use your name, portrait, picture, likeness, voices, statements attributable to you, and other biographical information throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation. The resulting materials, including still photographs, video and audio recordings may be used by CJ, without restriction, in news materials, promotional materials, on the KCON web site, and any other properties. You acknowledge and agree that this authorization is intended to satisfy all consent requirements of the California Civil Code sections 3344 and 3344.1, or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect, and you hereby waive and release any and all claims that you have or hereafter have against CJ under such statutes or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
WAIVER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You understand that attending or participating in the Event is voluntary and may involve risks, including physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses, and by entering or participating in the Event, you assume all such risks and waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever resulting from, arising from, or in connection with your participation. By entering or participating in the Event, you understand and agree to be bound by the full waiver and limitation of liability, including the waiver and the release of any liability and privacy and publicity rights, herein.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CJ OR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND ASSOCIATES, AS WELL AS EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (“CJ INDEMNIFIED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, EVEN IF CJ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold CJ Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Event or violation of the terms and conditions herein.
By participating in the Event, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” Being aware of such statutory right, by participating in the Event, you expressly waive any rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 as well as any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
The laws of the State of California apply to and govern any disputes or claims arising from or in connection with the Event, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Any and all disputes or controversies of any nature arising out of or in connection with the Event shall be determined by confidential binding arbitration, in accordance with the arbitration rules of JAMS to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single neutral arbitrator.
Please direct any questions you have during the convention to KCON staff on site.