KCON 2016 RULES AND WAIVERS
Welcome to KCON! As organizers, we at CJ E&M America, Inc. and our affiliates (together, “CJ” or “KCON”) strive to provide an enjoyable and safe environment for everyone. In order to ensure a safe and truly unforgettable KCON experience for everyone, we require you to observe the following rules while attending any part of the KCON Convention (the “Convention”) and the M COUNTDOWN Concerts (the “Concert” and together with the Convention, the “Event”). The rules below apply to all KCON 2016 Events.
KCON 2016 LA (JULY 29 – JULY 31, 2016) CONVENTION CHECK-IN POLICIES
- Admission to the Convention is available to the following persons only: Convention ticket holders and other official Event badge holders.
- Some Convention programs, including artist engagement sessions and KLUB KCON, may require separate passes for entry.
- Check-in for the Convention will take place on July 28th (1 p.m. to 6 p.m.), July 29th-30th (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), July 31st (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) at the Los Angeles Convention Center with separate check-in areas for Platinum, P1, and P2 ticket holders, as well as a general check-in line for all other ticketholders. Event badge holders (including guest or press pass holders) will be checked-in at a separate area. Entry into the Convention will begin at 12 p.m. on Friday, July 29th, and 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 30th and Sunday, July 31st, and the Convention area will remain open until 6 p.m. each day.
- At check-in, the QR Code on your Convention ticket will be scanned to authenticate your right to enter the Convention and your Concert ticket will be scanned to authenticate and provide you with the various benefits associated with your ticket tier. Beware of fraud or unauthorized copies since each ticket contains a unique barcode which invalidates any subsequent copies of said ticket when scanned. Do NOT share pictures of your tickets, as those barcodes may be used to create counterfeit tickets and may prevent your entry to the Event. CJ is not responsible or liable for your purchase of counterfeit or fraudulent tickets and CJ advises you to buy tickets only from official sources including the Box Office, AXS, and authorized resellers.
- At check-in, you will receive either a single-day or 3-day wristband to access the Convention, which is good for entry to one-day or 3-days of the Convention, respectively. Wristbands are non-transferrable and must be kept on during the entirety of the event. Wristbands must be worn at all times while on Convention grounds. Wristbands will be void if tampered with or removed.
- Replacements for lost wristbands will incur a $25 charge regardless of the type of convention wristband you are intending to replace.
KCON CONCERT ENTRY PROTOCOL
- Admission to the Concert requires you to present the original Concert ticket at entry. Completing check-in for the Convention does NOT grant you admission into the Concert. Scanning the Convention ticket for entry into the Convention will NOT invalidate the ticket barcode for entry into the Concert.
- You will be allowed to begin forming lines for entry into the Concert only after 5 p.m. each afternoon.
KCON PROGRAMMING AREA POLICIES
- Entry to and participation in Convention programs are generally open on a first-come, first-served basis, unless the program is a controlled access event. For any artist engagement session, you will be allowed in the area only if you have the appropriate Artist Engagement Pass.
- All Convention program attendees must comply with the KCON 2016 Code of Conduct.
- All Convention program attendees must completely leave their respective panel, workshop, or activity area at the conclusion of each programmed event to allow room for the next group of attendees.
- You will not be permitted to stand on chairs, ladders or any other type of elevated materials which may result in any other audience members’ view being obstructed and/or risk your personal safety.
- Items such as, but not limited to, tablets, balloons, posters, or any other item which may result in any other audience members’ view being obstructed and/or risk your personal safety or the safety of others, will be confiscated by KCON staff or security to be returned to you at the termination of the program.
- To ensure the safety of all Convention featured guests, you will not be permitted to crowd the stage at any time.
- As a courtesy to all Convention featured guests, enter and exit quietly while the programs are in session.
KCON ARTIST ENGAGEMENT SESSION POLICIES
- There are three (3) types of artist engagement possible and not every Concert artist or Convention featured guest will be available to participate in each of the activities.
- Artist Engagement Activity
- Artist Engagement Audience
- Red Carpet
- All artist engagement attendees must comply with the KCON 2016 Code of Conduct.
- An Artist Engagement Pass is the only means of entry into these events and denotes which artist and what type of engagement the pass holder is eligible for.
- Artist Engagement Passes will be distributed at Convention check-in on a random basis.
- The type of Artist Engagement Pass for which you are eligible is determined by the benefits of your Concert ticket.
- You will only be admitted to the Artist Engagement session that is indicated on your card.
- Media pass holders will not be allowed into Engagement sessions.
- Artist Engagement Session Entry Protocol:
- Line-ups will start thirty (30) minutes before the start of each scheduled session with separate sections for artist engagement activity and audience pass holders.
- Have the Artist Engagement Pass ready to show KCON staff & security and be ready to surrender it upon entry into the artist engagement area.
- Artist engagement and audience pass holders must remain in their respective areas throughout the program.
- Artist Engagement Session General Rules:
- The artist and artist engagement type you can access is determined solely by your valid Artist Engagement Pass. There are no substitutions.
- Artist engagement passes have no value, are non-negotiable, and cannot be sold, redeemed, or exchanged for cash. The loss of an Artist Engagement pass does not warrant its replacement, nor does CJ have any responsibility to refund or replace it.
- No cutting in line.
- No hugs with the artist.
- No loitering after the engagement session.
- Follow guidelines and instructions given by KCON staff.
- You must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. CJ reserves the right to revoke, without refund, your Artist Engagement Pass and Convention wristband if you do not comply with this policy.
- Artist engagement session schedules are subject to change or cancellation at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. Notifications about changes will be posted via the official KCON mobile app. CJ cannot be held liable for any delayed information about schedule changes including, but not limited to, errors within the app, lack of signal in regards to SMS messaging, etc. In the case of an outright cancellation, CJ may make efforts to provide relief, but is not responsible for and does not guarantee an alternate opportunity or any other remedies.
- You understand that participating in the Event is voluntary and may involve risks, including physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses, and by entering or participating in the Event, you assume all such risks and waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever resulting from, arising from, or in connection with your participation. By entering the event, you understand and agree to be bound by the full waiver and limitation of liability available at kconusa.com/rules-and-waivers including the waiver and the release of any liability and privacy and publicity rights included therein.
KCON PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY POLICIES
Photographs and video recordings by attendees using hand-held cameras (without interchangeable or telephoto lenses) and/or smart phones are generally allowed in the common areas of the Convention for personal, non-commercial use, provided that such photography or recording is not disruptive. Individuals shall identify all images, sound bites, and clips of the Convention as KCON events. Specific rules regarding video, audio, and photography may apply to specific Convention programs and will be enforced by KCON staff.
Video and/or audio recording of each Concert is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Cameras with interchangeable or telephoto lenses (e.g., DSLR) will not be allowed at the Concerts.
Any and all photography or videography of the Event (including at the Convention, all Convention programs, artist engagements, and Concerts (if permitted)), staff, or attendees for the purpose of publication, sale, reproduction, transmission, distribution, or other commercial exploitation in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.
For KCON-registered Press, the press pass does NOT permit or grant the right to live webcast audio or video, broadcast, or otherwise transmit, retransmit or copy in any form, now known or hereafter devised, any KCON programming for longer than forty-five (45) seconds.
Photographic and video footage of the Event will be gathered by KCON staff. By entering the Event, you consent to be filmed or photographed and authorize and grant the right to CJ to print, publish, broadcast, depict, reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, exploit, exhibit, distribute, transmit, and use your name, portrait, picture, likeness, voices, statements attributable to you, and other biographical information throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation. The resulting materials, including still photographs, video and audio recordings may be used by KCON, without restriction, in news materials, promotional materials, on the KCON web site, and any other properties.
You acknowledge and agree that this authorization is intended to satisfy all consent requirements of the California Civil Code sections 3344 and 3344.1, or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect, and you hereby waive and release any and all claims that you have or hereafter have against CJ under such statutes or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
KCON adopts a Zero Tolerance Policy with regard to actions or behaviors that threaten the safety of the KCON community and its participants including, but not limited to, actual or threatened acts of violence; physical, emotional or sexual abuse or bullying; and other inappropriate or potentially harmful actions or behaviors. This policy applies to all KCON events and activities (including online or social media activities), as well as to all individuals involved with or participating in KCON events and activities (including employees, volunteers, panelists, performers, guests, participants, exhibitors, vendors, and press).
KCON reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, any KCON event or activity at any time in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly matter, engaging in inappropriate or dangerous activities, or failing to comply with this Zero Tolerance Policy.
All participants of KCON events and activities (including online or social media activities) must abide by the following policy:
- Treat everyone with respect. KCON is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. Treat everyone with respect and participate while acknowledging that everyone has the right to enjoy the experience without fear of harassment or discrimination.
- Harassment is not tolerated. Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category; sexual imagery in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; offensive, hostile, obscene, or lewd language or behavior; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Speak up if you see or hear something. Harassment is not tolerated, and you are empowered to politely engage when you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing, and politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged. KCON takes violations of this Zero Tolerance Policy seriously and will respond appropriately, including warning, refusing to admit, prohibiting the participation of, or expelling the offender from the event or activity with no refund. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the KCON staff immediately.
Our event staff can usually be identified by special badges/attire. Our Zero Tolerance Policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our KCON policies, including this Zero Tolerance Policy, and respond appropriately. Please note, while we take all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion as to determining when and how to follow up on reported incidents, and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution.
WAIVER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You understand that participating in the Event is voluntary and may involve risks, including physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses, and by entering or participating in the Event, you assume all such risks and waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever resulting from, arising from, or in connection with your participation.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CJ OR ITS SUBSIDIARES, AFFILIATES AND ASSOCIATES, AS WELL AS EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (“CJ INDEMNIFIED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, EVEN IF CJ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold CJ Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Event or violation of the terms and conditions herein.
By participating in the Event, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” Being aware of such statutory right, by participating in the Event, you expressly waive any rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 as well as any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
The laws of the State of California apply to and govern any disputes or claims arising from or in connection with the Event, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Any and all disputes or controversies of any nature arising out of or in connection with the Event shall be determined by confidential binding arbitration, in accordance with the arbitration rules of JAMS to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single neutral arbitrator.
Please direct any questions you have during the convention to KCON staff on site.