At by CJ ENM America, Inc. (“CJ,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), protecting your privacy is important to us. We strive to inspire healthy, happy, and convenient lifestyles through our diverse array of products and services, and we understand and respect the privacy responsibility that comes with it. That’s why we have developed this Privacy Notice to provide you with transparency on how we collect, use, share, and store information, including personal information, when you access a CJ website which includes signing up for our newsletter or membership, or participating in one of our marketing and promotional events.
Any CJ sponsored sweepstakes, contests or other promotions (collectively, “Promotion”) will be governed by a separate set of rules or terms and conditions. Please read such rules or terms and conditions to decide whether or not you are eligible and would like to participate, register and/or enter, per each rules or terms and conditions of such Promotion. If you participate in any Promotion, you are confirming that you agree to comply and be subjected to those rules or terms and conditions. Any decisions of the sponsor(s) for each Promotion who are identified on the rules or terms and conditions shall be final and binding in all respects.
We may also collect certain information to improve your experiences with the website or app, ensure that our high content standards are upheld for you, and allow us to contact you and better service your specific needs, and to make using the website or app more convenient for you. We follow this Privacy Notice in accordance with local laws in places where we operate.
* * * * *
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use personal information?
- How do we share information?
- Your choices and rights over your data.
- We strive to protect your personal information.
- We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time.
- How to contact us.
What information do we collect?
We collect two basic types of information – Personal Information and Anonymous Information – and we may use these two types of information to create a third type of information, Aggregate Information.
- Personal Information – “Personal Information” is information that is collected online, and either directly or indirectly identifies individuals. When you engage in certain activities on the website or app, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information. Anonymous Information (defined below) that is associated with Personal Information is also considered Personal Information. We may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Registration information you provide us when you create an account, including your name, date of birth, gender, username, password, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Transaction information you provide us when you purchase a product or service from our website or app, including your payment information, telephone number, and shipping address;
- Information you provide in public forums on the website or app (if any);
- Information you send on or through the website or app, whether directly to another user or within a group, using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information;
- Profile information you choose to share, such as your city, state, favorite bands, favorite shows, favorite music videos, favorite quote, your personal website, a picture, and a general description of yourself; and
Other Personal Information you choose to share, such as information you provide to us when you link your account on the website or app to third-party social networking sites or platforms.
- You may also provide Personal Information to us offline, such as during a promotional, or other CJ sponsored event. Such information may include your first and last name, and email address. In all such cases, a link to this Privacy Notice will be provided.
- Anonymous Information – “Anonymous Information” is information that does not and cannot reasonably be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual user. We use and share this Anonymous Information with third parties to improve the content and functionality of the website or app and our affiliated websites or apps, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services. Anonymous Information may include:
- Information collected automatically through the operation of the website or app, such as cookies, flash cookies, or web beacons, which are not linked to any Personal Information. These technologies provide tracking data that allows us to implement useful features and deliver relevant content to you based on your preferences, location, or usage patterns. We may associate some of this tracking data with your registration account if you choose to create one, in which case, we will treat it as Personal Information; and
- Location information when you visit or use the website or app, including location information provided by a mobile device interacting with the website or app (through beacon technologies or otherwise).
- Aggregate Information – “Aggregate Information” is information created through use of Personal Information and Anonymous Information about the categories of users, which does not and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual user, such as:
- Usage, viewing, and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, collected automatically when you use our website or app, or open e-mails that we send.
We collect information from you to improve our services and to provide you with an optimal experience. Accordingly, we collect your information in the following ways:
- Directly– When you provide information to us by: (i) requesting products, services, or information, (ii) registering an account, (iii) participating in public forums or other activities on the website or app, (iv) linking your account on the website or app with your account(s) on social networking sites, or (v) otherwise interacting with us;
- Passively– Through technology, such as cookies, web beacons, other technologies, or our mobile app through our vendors;
- From third parties– When other trusted sources provide us with information to update or supplement the information you provided to us or information we collected automatically, as permitted by law.
From time to time, we may receive commercially available demographic information, customer preferences data, and/or third-party business contact information collected from other sources. Business contact information may include names, phone numbers, and email addresses. Additionally, we may receive information about you that you have permitted a social network platform to share with third parties.
We may combine information collected offline, information collected through our website or from other CJ affiliates, and/or from third-party providers if that third-party has the right to provide the information.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
We support the guidelines and regulatory requirements provided for in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”): http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under age 13. Children under 13 are expressly prohibited from providing any Personal Information to us through the website and app. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove such information from our records.
At various places on the website or app, we may ask users for their age. By using the website or app, and their respective services, you agree to respond truthfully about your age.
If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to delete the provided information or otherwise protect the user.
How do we use personal information?
We collect, store, and use your Personal Information for the specific reasons that you provided such information and to provide you with a safe and customized experience on the website or app. We may use information collected from you in any of the following ways:
- To create your user account;
- To provide you with products and services at your request;
- To identify and suggest products or services;
- To prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities;
- To provide technical support and respond to user requests;
- To optimize or improve the website, app, products, services, or operations;
- To facilitate communications with you (e.g., informing you of new products or promotional offers, verify your account, informational and operational purposes, customer service, etc.).
We will also use the Personal Information collected to market the new products and services, including special offers, promotional events, and participation in sweepstakes. This may include emails, physical mail, or digital advertisements. We may use Anonymous Information and Aggregate Information for research and analysis to improve our products and services and to better understand our customers and markets.
How do we share information?
We generally do not share your information with third parties, except in limited circumstances. Such circumstances may include: sharing with our parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries; co-branded promotions; or when another company performs services for us. These companies are prohibited from using your information in any other way than what you allow or what is required by law.
- Related Parties – We may share Personal Information that you provide us with our parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with our related companies for their marketing or other purposes, you may opt-out by using our contact form.
- Social networking sites – If you link your account on the website or app to other social networking sites (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter), we may exchange or otherwise provide information about you with these social networking sites, with your consent.
- Our business partners – Unless they are acting on our behalf or you provide your Personal Information as part of a co-branded promotion, we will obtain your consent before we share your contact information with advertisers, business partners, or other entities that are not related to CJ. However, we may share Anonymous and Aggregate Information to develop and deliver targeted advertising to users of the website or app and on the websites of third parties.
- Our service providers – We may share your information with companies that provide services to us, including companies that assist with the operation of our services, payment processing, data processing, user and business analytics, account management, advertising, and other services (e.g., Google Analytics). We may also enter into agreements with third parties that provide the technology which allows us to customize the advertising and marketing notices you receive while using our services. We make reasonable efforts to direct all such third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information shared with them and to not use your information for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
- Other parties in connection with a transfer of assets – If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may sell or transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other parties with your consent – We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as when you authorize a third-party website or other parties and applications to connect with our website or app.
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies – Certain information, such as your email address, IP address of the device you used to access our website, information contained in a cookie stored on your web browser, or information through a pixel or beacon that is used by advertising partners to serve our ads, may be made available to certain third parties when you use our website. For cookies, it may be necessary to share the information in order for the website to function properly. For more information about cookies, please see our Cookies Notice.
Your choices and rights over your data.
If you would like to review or change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, please contact us. We will take reasonable steps to respond to requests for changes and updates to your Personal Information in our possession.
Choice to Opt-out:
If you have previously provided Personal Information to us and have subscribed to any services on the website or app, and you no longer wish to receive such services, please discontinue your subscriptions by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of message and following the instructions to be removed from our mailing lists. You may also contact us to unsubscribe or make modifications to your account. Please note, however, that we may retain records of your Personal Information as necessary to comply with applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our website uses Google Analytics which is provided by Google, Inc. to help us analyze how users interact with our website, compile reports on the website’s activity, and provide other services related to the website activity and usage. Information collected by Google in the form of cookies and pixels may include your IP Address, time of visit on our website, determination whether you are a new or returning website visitor, and any referring website. The information that is generated, transmitted, and stored by Google Analytics will be subject to Google’s privacy policies. You may opt-out of information collecting by clicking here.
For opt-out options relating to cookies, please see our Cookies Notice.
“Do Not Track” Function:
The browser you are using may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to set a signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. Our website platforms do not currently support Do Not Track requests at this time.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2019 (CCPA), and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, permits you to request certain information, no more than twice per year, regarding your personal information. You have the right to request disclosure of personal information we collect about you, including: (1) the categories of personal information we have collected; (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected from you. Please note that we are not required to (1) retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single one-time transaction if such information is not retained in the ordinary course of business; (2) re-identify or otherwise link any data that is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information in the ordinary course of business; and (3) provide your personal information more than twice in a 12-month period.
Subject to certain exceptions as set out herein, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information stored by us. On a verifiable request from you, we will: (1) delete your personal information from our records; and (2) instruct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records. Please note that we are not required to delete any personal information that is necessary: (1) for a transactional need; (2) for risk management such as detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious or illegal activity; (3) to improve functionality; (4) to exercise or protect free speech as provided for by law; (5) for compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; (6) to engage in bonafide research; (7) to facilitate a business relationship with you; (8) to comply with an existing legal obligation; and (9) for a lawful internal purpose.
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your CCPA rights. This means that we will not, among other things, on the basis of a CCPA request: (1) deny goods or services to you; (2) charge you different prices or rates; (3) provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; (4) or suggest that you will receive a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods and services. Please note that we are allowed to charge a different price or rate, or provide a different quality or level, for goods and services to you if the difference is reasonably related to the value that your personal information provides to us.
To request to delete or receive a copy of your personal information that we currently have on file from within the preceding calendar year, please click here or call us at 213-355-1600. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, as specified by the CCPA.
We will do our best to respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request.
We value your use of our products and services and we are dedicated to protecting your personal information with care and respect. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.83(c)(2), we do not share your Personal Information with other companies or third parties for those parties’ direct marketing use, unless you allow us to do so.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to
If you are a European Union resident, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) permits you to request certain personal information, to request certain personal information to be erased, or to request inaccurate personal information to be fixed. Such a request is subject to GDPR regulations, as well as local laws and regulations where applicable.
We will do our best to respond to you as promptly as possible upon receipt such a request.
We strive to protect your personal information.
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. From time to time, we review our security measures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, please be aware that no security measures are impenetrable. We cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information that you transmit to us. Any transmission of Personal Information is done at your own risk. We will retain your Personal Information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Therefore, we set limited access to your Personal Information only to specific employees, agents, and contractors who have a reasonable need to gather information. For instance, we may provide information to our technical support team with limited access to your account so that the team may troubleshoot any issues you may experience on the website and app.
We take precautions—including administrative, technical, and physical measures—to safeguard your Personal Information against loss theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While we make efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining your information. In the unlikely event that a data breach occurs, whether by accident or unlawful interference, we will take necessary precautions to do our best to promptly notify you.
You can help us by also taking precaution to protect your Personal Information when you are on the internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters, symbols, and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
Please note that because there is always some risk in transmitting information over the internet, CJ cannot guarantee the security and privacy of wireless transmissions or transmissions via the internet. If you voluntarily disclose personal information online, or if anyone else has access to your personal computer, that information may be accessible to others. You agree that you will not hold CJ liable for any damages resulting from any loss or breach of privacy or security occurring in connection with any communications over such networks.
PUBLIC FORUMS ON THE PROPERTY:
Please remember that information posted to message boards, blogs, and other forums on the website or app becomes public information. Users under the age of 18 should use extra caution when posting and should be careful not to disclose any Personally Information on areas of the website and app where such information may become public. We cannot guarantee that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Accordingly, please exercise extreme caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time.
From time to time, we may update and revise this Privacy Notice to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements, or other reasons. If we make any material changes to our Privacy Notice, we will notify our users by placing a notice on the home page of the website or app, or by sending a notice to our users at the e-mail addresses provided to us upon registration. Please check our Privacy Notice periodically for updates and changes. If you do not agree with the terms of our Privacy Notice, please contact us and discontinue further use of the website and app. We encourage you to check this page frequently, as your continued use of the website and app shall constitute your acceptance of any such revised Privacy Notice.
How to contact us.
Please use our contact form for additional questions or inquiries you may have. Thank you for being a valued member of the CJ Community.
[July 1, 2020]