KOLLECT KCON SCAVENGER HUNT
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PLEASE READ THESE KOLLECT KCON SCAVENGER HUNT OFFICIAL RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”) CAREFULLY. IN CONSIDERATION OF CJ E&M AMERICA, INC. PERMITTING YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SCAVENGER HUNT, WHICH YOU ACKNOWLEDGE IS GOOD, VALUABLE, AND SUFFICIENT CONSIDERATION, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT THAT INCLUDES LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
PLEASE DO not expose YOURSELF or others to any dangerous or harmful behavior OR activity at any time during this SCAVENGER HUNT. YOU agree to abide by all traffic, safety, and other applicable laws.
Jaynia Requinto – jay********into@y*****.com
Karen Go – go.kar****@g****.com
Alicia Avalos – bla********mba@g****.com
Esther Yoo – seventeen***********@g****.com
Azya Feeney – az*******ey@i*****.com
- ELIGIBILITY & SPONSOR: The Kollect KCON Scavenger Hunt (“Contest”), sponsored by CJ E&M America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States, and the District of Columbia (excluding residents Rhode Island) (“Eligibility Area”) who comply with these Official Rules in all respects. Participation in the Contest is limited to individuals eighteen (18) years of age or older (as of the date the individual commences participation in the Contest). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the immediate family members of such individuals (spouse, parents, siblings, children, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, and grandchildren, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same households (whether legally related or not) of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is void outside the Eligibility Area and wherever prohibited by law or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: Participating individuals who meet the eligibility requirements and agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Entrant(s)” or “you”) have the opportunity to win a Prize (as described in Section 6) by competing in a KCON-inspired scavenger hunt competition, collecting KCON 2017 Los Angeles-themed stickers (the “Sticker(s)”) from various locations (each a “Location”). Locations will be announced via official-KCON social media channels. Each Location may require the Entrant to perform a challenge before awarding a Sticker. Stickers at each announced Location are limited and only available while supplies last.
Once an Entrant obtains all of the required Stickers and submits their official entry, Sponsor staff members will verify authenticity of the Stickers. The first five (5) verified Entrants who have collected all required Stickers shall be the winners of the Contest (“Winner(s)”).
Disclaimer: Please be advised that in order to win the Contest, it is required to attend KCON 2017 Los Angeles. As between Sponsor and the Winners, it will be the Winners’ sole responsibilities to make all arrangements (e.g., transportation and lodging) in order to attend KCON 2017 Los Angeles. Sponsor will not be responsible for providing any means of transportation or lodging for the Winners. If a potential Winner is unable to attend KCON 2017 Los Angeles, the Entrant will ineligible to win the Contest, and an alternate Entrant may be selected to be the Winner.
- Entry Period: The Contest shall begin at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 28th, 2017, and end at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 13, 2017 or whenever the last Prize is awarded (the “Entry Period”).
- Winner Announcement: The Winners will be verified and announced by no later than August 15, 2017. Sponsor shall post the names of the Winners on KCON’s official website (http://www.kconusa.com/) along with KCON’s social media platforms. Please see Section 7 for further details.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, please follow the instructions set forth below carefully.
- Follow official KCON social media platforms to discover the Locations of the Stickers;
- Perform any challenge presented by staff at the Locations to collect your Sticker;
- Collect all nine (9) unique Stickers;
- Contact Sponsor staff at email@example.com to verify authenticity;
- Be the first five (5) Entrants to submit their set of Stickers to win!
ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries may be disqualified. Any false or deceptive entries or acts (including sharing, copying or creating fraudulent Stickers) shall result in a disqualification for all involved Entrants. Please refer to Section 8 for further information regarding Disqualification.
As a condition of entering the Contest, each Entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Contest and complying with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
- WINNER SELECTION: During the Entry Period, Entrants may submit proof of their set of Stickers to Sponsor. Sponsor will verify authenticity and award the first five (5) Entrants to provide a complete set of verified Stickers. All decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
Winning is subject to verification of eligibility. All Winners shall be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (and a completed IRS W-9 form), except where prohibited upon issuance of the Prize at KCON 2017. All documents required as set forth above may be referred to herein as “Required Documents.” Such Required Documents must be received by Sponsor by August 155, 2017. The Required Documents may request information of each Winner, including full name, home phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, and parent/legal guardian’s name and e-mail address, if applicable. A potential Winner’s failure to respond to the notification, failure to return all Required Documents by August 15, 2017, or failure to be in compliance with these Official Rules in any way may result in the potential Winner being disqualified, and an alternate Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Official Rules, if at any time the Sponsor determines that not enough or no eligible Entrants exist from which to determine the Winners, then Sponsor may, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either suspend or terminate the Contest or modify it (or any parts thereof) in any equitable manner that Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole and exclusive discretion, including, without limitation, by not awarding any one or more of the Prizes set forth in these Official Rules.
- PRIZES: Five (5) winners will receive one (1) Klub KCON ticket at KCON 2017 Los Angeles on Friday, August 18, 2017 (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)): $30) and one (1) 3-day KCON convention pass (ARV: $25) (each a “Prize,” and collectively the “Prizes”).
Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitutions by a Winner will be allowed. Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged. Any additional Prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By accepting a Prize, the Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. Awarding of a Prize is subject to the verification of eligibility, Winner’s acceptance of all requisite conditions within these Official Rules, Winner’s agreement to grant the rights set forth in these Official Rules, and Winner’s submission of the Required Documents detailed in Section 5. If necessary, due to the unavailability of a Prize for any reason, a replacement prize of equal or greater value may be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If any Prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable for any reason, or if a Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may decide, in its discretion, to award such applicable Prize to an alternate eligible Entrant or, if time does not permit (in Sponsor’s sole discretion), to not award such Prize. All federal, state and local tax liabilities and fees associated with Prize receipt are the responsibility of the Winners.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION; PRIZE CLAIM: The Winners will be determined and notified on or before August 15, 2017. All Winners will be announced on KCON’s official website (http://ww.kconusa.com) and KCON social media platforms. After notification of winning, the Winners may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver. Awarding of a Prize is subject to the Winner’s acceptance of, and compliance with, these Official Rules. If requested by Sponsor, Entrants must show photo identification for Sponsor to verify that the eligibility requirements are met. If any Prize notification or Prize is returned for any reason, or if Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may decide, in its discretion, to award such applicable Prize to an alternate eligible Entrant or, if time does not permit (in Sponsor’s opinion), to not award such Prize.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor may disqualify an Entrant (and cause any Prize that has been awarded, if any, to be forfeited) due to any of the following: (a) the Entrant fails to comply with any of the terms, conditions, restrictions, or limitations of these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (b) the Entrant fails to respond to the winner notification or any other notice within two (2) days after its transmission; (c) the Entrant fails to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver after its receipt; (d) the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential Winner or the return of any Winner notification, notice, or Prize as undeliverable; (e) Sponsor’s discovery of duplicative or fraudulent entries in violation of these Official Rules; or (f) an Entrant’s failure to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Contest-related or Prize-related activity, including, without limitation, if the Entrant (i) is uncooperative or disruptive; (ii) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; (iii) uses profanity; (iv) demonstrates any lewd, sexually suggestive, or otherwise obscene gestures; (v) attempts or does cause serious harm or damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or any other Entrant; or (vi) performs an act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinance as constituting a criminal act. Location staff is permitted to remove any Entrants from the Location who are disqualified due to any of the aforementioned acts and may contact proper authorities as necessitated.
Further, if for any reason this Contest or part thereof is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any website, page or e-mail address associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper fair play of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants (or others), fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor may choose, but is not obligated, to conduct a judging to award the Prizes from among all eligible, legitimate entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at http://www.kconusa.com. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, WEB PAGE OR E-MAIL ADDRESS, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor and any of their parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, and each of their respective directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies shall not be responsible for any distorted or damaged entries, any communications-related malfunctions regarding or relating to the Contest, and disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages regarding or relating to the Contest caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor. In addition, Sponsor is not liable to a Winner or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor’s sole control. Prizes are awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or FITNESS for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Contest.
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The Contest and all accompanying materials are a copyright of CJ E&M America, Inc.
- GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The laws of the State of California apply to and govern the Contest, as well as any disputes or claims arising from or in connection with the Contest. The parties agree that any and all disputes or controversies of any nature between them arising at any time shall be determined by confidential, final and binding arbitration, in accordance with the arbitration rules of JAMS to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single neutral arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by JAMS, with JAMS rules applied to break any deadlock in selecting an arbitrator.
- PUBLICITY AUTHORIZATION: By participating in the Contest, Entrant hereby authorizes and grants the right to Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its and their employees, officers, and directors, and those acting pursuant to their authority, (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) the right to print, publish, broadcast, depict, reproduce, and use the Entrant’s name, portrait, picture, likeness, voice, statements attributable to him/her, city and state of residence, and other biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that this authorization is intended to satisfy all consent requirements of California Civil Code Sections 3344 and 3344.1, and Entrant hereby waives and releases any and all claims that Entrant may have or hereafter have against the Promotion Parties under such statutes or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; RELEASE; INDEMNIFICATION: ENTRANTS WAIVE THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, AGAINST THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESULTING FROM, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE ACTIVITY.
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (i) understands the Sponsor has not arranged for and does not carry any insurance of any kind for Entrant’s benefit and that Entrant will be solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any medical, life, accident, automobile, property or other insurance relative to Entrant’s participation in Contest; (ii) agrees to obey all traffic, safety and other applicable laws and shall not speed or otherwise expose himself/herself or any other individual, whether participating in the Contest or not, to harm or danger of any kind; (iii) agrees to release, hold harmless, and indemnify the Promotion Parties from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees), injuries, liabilities, or damages of any kind whatsoever that arise or result from Entrant’s action, inaction, negligence, or other fault in connection with participating in the Contest; (iv) agrees that the Promotion Parties shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses, costs, or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Contest or parts thereof or acceptance of, use of, or inability to use a Prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory; and (v) hereby releases the Promotion Parties from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the Prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
- WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542: Entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” Being aware of such statutory right, by participating in the Contest, Entrants expressly waive any rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 as well as any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
- GENERAL: Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provisions were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control, and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right to amend or revise these Official Rules at any time. Notice of any such change will be posted on Sponsor’s website.
- WINNERS LIST: Please visit KCON’s official website (http://www.kconusa.com) or the KCONUSA social media platforms for the official list of Winners and a copy of these Official Rules. The Winners List will be available after August 18, 2017.
Sponsor: CJ E&M America, Inc.