The Code of Conduct (the “Code”) applies to your conduct while you are attending KCON, whether on site or off site, or on any KCON social media platforms.
Please follow all published, printed, and verbal rules and instructions by KCON staff, venue staff, and security personnel.
Along with everything in this Code, KCONers should use common sense rules for their behavior in public, including being courteous to others and respecting private property.
Actions We Encourage:
- Embrace the KCON community!
- Help keep KCON stay a safe environment for everyone!
- Engage with your fellow KCONers and talk all-things hallyu!
- Be friendly and treat all KCONers with respect!
- Have a great time with your fellow K-pop and K-culture enthusiasts!
Actions We Do Not Tolerate:
- Not listening or complying with requests or instructions from KCON staff, venue staff, security personnel, or officers/officials;
- Scalping KCON Concert tickets or Artist Engagement vouchers;
- Threatening the safety of KCONers, special guests or artists in any way (physically, psychologically, emotionally, sexually, or otherwise);
- Being offensive, hostile, obscene, or lewd;
- Threatening actions or behavior, harassment (in any form), stalking/following, bullying, heckling, or intimidation;
- Disruptive actions or behavior, such as interrupting artists or guest speakers during Artist Engagements or Panels;
- Damaging any private or public property;
- Theft or stealing anyone else’s property;
- Unwanted physical contact or the use of physical force against another person;
- Solicitation of tips, fees, donations, or the like, for any reason (including in exchange for goods/services), in any part of the Event;
- Sale of merchandise/goods outside of the designated exhibitor spaces in the Convention area;
- Sale of merchandise/goods without the proper permission/licenses;
- Handing out any materials (e.g., flyers, stickers, cards, banners, promotional items) anywhere inside or outside of the Convention or Concert venues (except by exhibitors within their designated space or as otherwise approved by CJ);
- Gathering information, performing market research, collective surveys from KCONers (unless performed by CJ);
- Possession, distribution, or use of any illegal substances or alcoholic beverages;
- Smoking in any form, including cigarettes, pipes, cigars, e-cigarettes, vapes, etc., unless in a designated area outside of the KCON venues;
- Possession of any item that may be considered (or mistaken for) a weapon;
- Any action or behavior that the general public would deem inappropriate, disorderly, disruptive, or potentially harmful;
- Violating any parts this Code, any of the Rules and Policies, or any venue policies;
- Any activity prohibited by applicable law, rule or regulation.
Safety & Security
Take care of yourself and your personal belongings while you are at KCON.
If you see anyone violating the Code or feel your or someone else’s safety is at risk in any way, please report it to the nearest KCON staff or security personnel.
While we take all concerns raised seriously, we must use our discretion to determine when and how to follow-up on reported incidents. We may decline to take any further action and/or may direct you to other resources or authorities for resolution.
CJ adopts a zero tolerance policy for all of the above prohibited (and similar) activities. If you are participating in any such activity, CJ may revoke any tickets/vouchers/passes in your possession. If deemed necessary, the proper authorities will be notified.
CJ reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, the Convention, Concert(s), or any KCON programming at any time in its sole discretion, without refund.